Dec 1, 2006

Trick for Peeling Garlic

Peeling garlic is not one of my favorite tasks. But fresh garlic is so much more flavorful than dried flakes or even the pre-chopped garlic bought in small glass bottles and stashed in tje frig.

Here's a swift and easy way to peel garlic cloves, a trick I learned from my mother. Separate the cloves from the garlic bud and place them in a single layer on a tray. Heat for 10 seconds in the microwave. The skins will slit open and you can just slip them off the cloves.

If your microwave isn't as strong as mine, stick the garlic cloves in increments of 10 seconds. Cook until the skins split. Just make sure not to overcook them. Simple, no?

1 comment:

jinxy said...

Great tip!! I had never heard of doing this, and I will definitely be trying it!

Thank you for the tip.