Jun 13, 2007

Top Chef 3, And the Winner Is...

Tre! He's a good chef, a proud guy, and he's got a very generous attitude towards his closest competitor, Hung. Let's just say this is the first time I have no desire to try the winner's dish.

That ostrich fillet looked gamy to me.

So long, Clay. I knew you were leaving because the camera kept following you around. You had no idea what an Amuse Bouche looked like, and you managed to turn your Wild Boar chops into prison chops, as Anthony Bourdain so wryly stated.

Here's Gail's reaction to your food:
And Bourdain's reaction to Howie, who had the balls to sass back at him, even though he had not completed his dish.
You did a good job toughing it out, Howie. And you were lucky that Clay was so bad. I have a feeling you're going to be fun to watch.


Click here to find all my top chef posts.

3 comments:

BigAssBelle said...

oh, it was fabulous, wasn't it? i love it! and i knew clay was going to go because i started off feeling protective of him, with his little southern boy handicap and his oily hair and need to see the dentist. poor little baby. i really need to be his mom for a minute.

the top chef fiend in me is glad he's out of the way because now i can focus on the rest of those cooks w/o fretting about clay's feelings.

BigAssBelle said...

have you eaten any of those exotic proteins, ms. place? i have consumed alligator, buffalo, but the rest . . . you? eat any of this on your recent visit to china?

Vic said...

Well, Lynette, I have eaten buffalo, alligator, rattlesnake, monkey brain (not on the plate) eel, abalone, sea urchin, and wild boar.

My taste is rather adventurous, but black chicken and geoduck are beyond my ken.

I am rather adventurous, but one protein at a time. Not a slew of them, like Gail, Padma, and Tom had to try.

Thanks for asking. Did you like the buffalo and alligator?