Jun 15, 2007

Time Out

I'm going home to visit Dad and Mom for Father's Day. So, time out.

Today, I am celebrating my one year anniversary with the most fey creature imaginable. My new pooch Cody. He is a tiny 23 lb. mutt terrier terror who disguises himself as Benji.

In one short year the Codester has redecorated my house and car, chewing, biting, and escaping at every opportunity, slipping through doors and legs, chewing on leashes, and tearing apart a solid chain mesh dog run to get outside.

But life is grand with my Da Vinci Cody Meister. And I wouldn't trade him for the world. Did I tell you he is a foundling? Rescued from sure death from a dog pound in Alabama. Down there they still gas pooches a few weeks after being lost from their owners. This little soul is the most trusting, wonderful, sweet, infuriating creature imaginable. I swear to God he possesses critical thinking skills.
Gas him? Criminal.

Tah, dahlings. Happy Father's Day and all. See you next week.

3 comments:

Marius said...

Aww, Cody is adorable. Have a great weekend, Ms. Place. And thanks for your kind words.

BigAssBelle said...

what a precious little man!!! sweet, sweet little puppy. i hope you have a great time with your daddy. have a lovely weekend.

Gorgeous Things said...

Cody is a beautiful and lucky puppy! I hope you have a lovely Dad's day with your father.