Nov 5, 2007

My Take: The Next Iron Chef

This post is quick, down, fast, and dirty: How fabulous was last night's episode? The Food Network gave this semi-final its all - the magical backdrop of Paris and the elegant residence of our ambassador to France, a visit to Parisian butcher shops and boulangeries, a concentration on cooking and presentation, the guest's comments mingled in with the judges critiques, Ruhlman's hair tamed, and a bitch slap fest between Donatella Arpaia and Andrew Knolton (or as I like to call him, Knowitall). The challenge? To create American cuisine using the freshest French ingredients for a party of discerning French chefs, restauranteurs, and food critics, not to mention the judges.

The two contestants who should have won actually won, and next week they will compete for the title of Next Iron Chef in kitchen stadium. During the entire episode we saw no backstabbing, no infighting, and no hissy-fitting. Just great cooking.

I don't care if this is a knock-off Top Chef show. This episode was brilliant. My only criticism is that this show is moving way too fast.

Missed this episode? Click on the link above and you can watch it in its entirety.

5 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

Dang...forgot to tivo that.
The bald guy, can't remember his name, should win.
That judge, Andrew(?), I think has hurt the show. He's so insipid. His criticisms are nasty, not in a good spirit at all.

sparringK9 said...

oh...i thought you might have had a mute monday. I havent watched this show....damn. i love iron chef though for one thing im in love with the "chairman"

i really like your new avatar. very classy and very feminine. pretty!

happy mute monday anyway ms place!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging about this - I have been LOVING this show. There has been little drama, fair judging, and fun contests. I am pulling hard for John Besh, partly because I'm from Louisiana too, and partly because I think he would make a great Top Chef.

Aunty Belle said...

OOOH..OKAY! I'se gonna wtch it.

Anonymous said...

I have the biggest crush on John Besh!