Apr 6, 2007

Two days and counting...

... and then I'll be in Shanghai -

"Hong Kong on speed," as someone described it...

With a building boom that just won't quit...

And museums stuffed with glorious artifacts...

And so many markets and shops, I'll have to squeeze in ways to see...

other important sights of interest...

that are heartstoppingly beautiful.
I'll realize how little of the world I've seen and how many other glorious places I want to see and experience.

One thing I know for sure about this trip: This is no time to save money. But first I have to get there. Two days of travel squeezed like a sardine in coach? Aarggh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip and have a safe journey.
Els

Linda Merrill said...

Ms. Place - have a wonderful trip! Will you be blogging as you go with the sites and sounds of Old Shanghai?

Marius said...

Ms. Place, I hope you have a great time. Be safe and take lots of pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous voyage! Be well and be safe.

Thanks for these pictures, they're beautiful. Especially the bowl. And the fruit.

nutmeg

BigAssBelle said...

love those photos. hope you have a fabulous time.