Apr 23, 2007

Shear Genius

This show is sheer fun! If you haven't seen it yet, and if you loved Top Chef and Project Runway, this show is for you! Not only is our blog, Bravissimo, recapping Shear Genius, but so are the Project Gay guys, Tom and Lorenzo. There's so much to cover, there's room for us all!


This reality t.v. show is so delicious and fun that you MUST give it a chance. The hair dressers, with their over the top personalities, the colorful (but insightful) judges, and the crazy hair challenges are worthy of an hour of our time. Don't worry if you can't catch this show on Wednesday nights - Bravo offers reruns ad infinitum!

My favorite characters so far?

Judge Sally (got more mojo than Cojo) Hershberger. This lady's tough but fair. I trust her judgment.

Tabatha, who tugs at my inner dominatrix heart strings. She's tougher than 100 year cured leather!
Anthony, who's talented and interesting and yummylicious.(He's this week's winner in the center.)

Daisy who cries at the drop of a hairpin and who reminds me of my good friend Leslie.

Dr. Boogie. 'Nuff said.


Then there's Theodore, who worked without a shirt. ICK! His armpit hair hung over his model's face! Double ick. It's a wonder she didn't upchuck her lunch when he was working on her.

Paul Jean was the first hair artist to get CUT!
Dahlings, he deserved to get booted. In fact, his terrible "do" reminded me of Cruella de Ville.

In fact, can you see a resemblance between his "peak" and the stylists' first toast? Even though Paul Jean came from Nice, he didn't come across as very nice. Ta, ta, dahling. I wish you all the best.


As for our second auf'd designer - Jim - personally I liked him, but boyoboy did that beet hair color suck.
His model should receive an Emmy for pretending to be calm, cool, and collected. Observe her "Little House on the Prairie" smile as she stood in front of the judges!

When I saw her hair, I was reminded of Chuckles the Clown. (A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants!)

Congratulations, Bravo, for getting it right this time! I love this show. Love Jaclyn. And am salivating over Rene Fris. Hubba, hubba, hubba.

Dahling, take your finger outta your mouth or I've gotta go and douse myself with ice cubes.

1 comment:

Marius said...

I just love Shear Genius. What a diverse and colorful group of people. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Dr. Boogie cracks me up; the man is too fabulous. I'm kind of fascinated by Ben. He's not my type, but I've got my eye on him. Rene is just gorgeous. By the way, you all are doing a great job with Bravissimo.