Apr 6, 2007

Time Out

I'm leaving for vacation at the height of tulip season. Being a good Dutch girl, I adore these wondrous flowers. When we lived in Den Haag, we visited the Keukenhof in Lisse every spring, wandering the extensive gardens and oohing and ahing over the lovely combinations of colors and textures.



But what interested me most as a child were the fields upon fields of colorful flower stripes that our train sped by.

I will miss my "tulip" spring this year. No matter. The next Dishin' Dat post will be from China.

3 comments:

BigAssBelle said...

well aren't you just the world traveler? lucky you, heading off to china. i drool over the 7-10 day china cruise offerings at skyauctions . . . have fun! be well!

The Java Junkie said...

Enjoy your vacation, Vic! If you have the chance, see the Emperor Qin's clay army at Xi'an!

Be safe!

jinxy said...

Oooh, lucky girl... You better keep us posted so we can live vicariously through you...