Oct 30, 2006

Beauty is as beauty does

An acquaintance of mine, a woman with seemingly everything going for herself--a successful and thriving writing career as a romance author, a handsome husband, two point five children, an adorable dog, and a house in the best new section of town--and who seemed to ooze self-confidence from every pore--actually had a terrible body image.

Ok, so she had a few years on her. And, so she looked like she's had a couple of kids. Life happens.

This successful woman was in awe of my addiction to beautiful, sensuous underwear. Underneath my cute but unremarkable exterior lies a hot, smokin' woman. And with each movement my silken and lace undies remind of that fact.

Now, do I have a perfect body? Not according to Madison Avenue or Self magazine. But me and my Victoria Secrets don't care.

My author friend asked me to help her choose something sexy for her husband once she LOST WEIGHT. I looked askance at her and said, "To your husband you are a beautiful woman. And you'll never look as young and fresh again as you do today. Why are you waiting?"

At an event a couple of weeks later she breezed up to me and said, "Rob wants to thank you!" Turned out she took my advice to heart and bought herself a couple of ravishing bras and thongs. Her eyes sparkled and she looked, well--beautiful.

So, for those of us who are waiting here's my two cents worth: Get over it! Go out and do it now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. We like.

Linked you to our blog...hope you don't mind.

Vic said...

I am honored, especially in view of my love for all things Top Chef. You guys dish better than they cook.

Vic said...

Oh, so sorry for the guys comment. Meant "girlfriends."

Gorgeous Things said...

Yah, go girl! True beauty transcends the superficial and increases with age, not decreases! And sexy underthings are a woman's (and man's if he so chooses) perogative!