Jul 24, 2008

Project Runway 5: Ah, Wesley, We Hardly Knew Ye

Granted, I wouldn't use this dress even as a grocery bag. And granted, Mr. Wesley saw only obstacles when he viewed his model's fabric choices, not creative solutions, but I am going to miss him. I suspect he still had a variety of ways in which he planned to show off his legs to the viewing public. Here's a young man, godblesshim, who's not afraid to wear slim pants.

It's about time that the retro 60's look returned, and that men proudly show off their, well, manly equipment in form fitting shorts and pants. Go Wesley! May you find success in revolutionizing your look to the world.


Update: Coincidence? Uh, yeah! I was surfing the web when I came across this Wesley article on EW which began with: Oh, Wesley, We Hardly Knew Ye . I lived in Boston during my post bachelor-degree days, and Jack Kennedy still loomed large in Allston, where I lived. This phrase was used shortly after JFK's death and is well known in his home city. So, the words stuck with me, as it evidently did with this reporter. Great minds - great phrase.

Wesley still should have thunk outside of the design box. Oh, well, not all is lost. He started a relationship with rival contestant Daniel, and they're still going strong.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Poor sad, cute Wesley...

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

:)